Warning: This Post Is Super Lame.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

I’ve never felt more like a hermit in my life than I do right now.

I think I’ve always been slightly anti-social in that I don’t necessarily go out and do stuff ALL the time, and I’m totally okay with just staying home and playing video games with friends or curling up on the couch or in bed and reading a book all day. This forced hermit life isn’t really enjoyable though.. I still have video games and I’ve got my Kindle, but noooo friends. Also, nooooo car. Sighhhh. I realize this is just me whining because I can’t go do things, but it’s difficult and I feel rather lonely sometimes.

This weekend, besides my Friday adventure into town, has been a bit of a bust.

Saturday, I “slept in.” I woke up at like nine. Ooohhhhhh SOOOOO laaaaate.. Yeah I know. I’m wild. I slept in until nine in the morning. Whaaaaat. The rest of my day wasn’t very exciting. It consisted of reading, attempting to use the internet, playing one hour trials of games on my computer (By the way, it kind of sucks when you get really into a game and then all of a sudden it’s like ‘your trial is up! sucker! you don’t have anything to distract yourself with anymore! but you can spend money on it now! lucky you!’ So you just sit there and look at it and can’t decide if it’s worth money because it’s just some mindless game that you’ve been playing because you’re too lazy and bored to do anything worthwhile like work out or something, so you just download another hour long trial and go through the whole thing again. This is a reeeeeallly long parenthesized thing.. My bad.), playing super mario on my ds, etc. I did watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Great movie. It’s funny how similar a lot of the music is to Star Wars. I bet people always realize that, but I couldn’t help thinking about it a lot during this recent watching. It just made me wish I had all of the Star Wars movies because I certainly have the time to watch all of them in a row, which made me wish I had other long series to watch in a row as well, like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. How insane would it be to watch all three of those series in ONE DAY! Is that even possible?? ... I would say, “Challenge accepted!” and attempt it, but I would have to have the movies to try.. Curses.

You know what is a great song. Kick Drum Heart by The Avett Brothers. Thank you Ashley Dye. I’m listening to it right now and it made me smile and feel nostalgic or something. It’s a very happy song.

So yeah. I was watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and I started to feel bad about disliking the fourth Indiana Jones so much. I mean, yeah it’s about ALIENS which basically makes it stupid already. However, watching this Indiana Jones, I was like, “Duuude, this one is just as ridiculous. The Holy Grail?? Come on.. That’s pretty much as ridiculous as aliens. PLUS there are NAZIS. Seriously.. who decided ‘Oh man! You know what would be so cool! This professor who has a whip and goes to look for the HOLY GRAIL! Oh oh oh! On top of that.. he should probably run into some NAZIS! Man I’m so smart.. we could even like have Hitler in it! Cool!” I guess the whole point of Indiana Jones is to be ridiculous, but put Harrison Ford in dangerous situations with guns and planes and snakes and blimps and cars and horses and stuff because Harrison Ford is cool and makes anything he’s in seem more legit than it should be. Imagine if it was a different actor as Indiana Jones, no one would like it. Probably. Okay, I guess it depends. Anyway, point is, I think I will watch the fourth Indiana Jones again when I get back to the States and try not to think it’s stupid. You’re welcome Harrison Ford and Shia.

You know what would be fun.. Owning a pet shop. How cool would that be?? Maybe I’ll open a pet shop one day. Give cute puppies and rabbits and chinchillas homes. Aww.

Seriously, I’m so bored. I’ve been thinking about crazy things all day. I’m reading this book called The Thief and I’ve been thinking about how exciting it would be to be a thief. Like in all the Ocean’s movies. They look like they are having so much fun! I’m not stealthy or coordinated enough to be a thief though.

This is probably thee most pointless post I’ve done. Including the one about food.

There is an insistent chirping coming from either somewhere in my house or from outside my window. It’s quite obnoxious. There’s lots of noises around here. At night it’s a bit creepy actually. You just hear lots of strange noises while you’re lying there in your cozy bed.. in the dark.. in the middle of nowhere.. where there are only like three other people within screaming distance.. I think my imagination is too overactive for me to live somewhere in the country. I think the suburbs are the place for me, or else I will constantly think I am in a horror movie. Speaking of horror movies, at work this past week Aaron told me that he loves horror movies and that he had just seen one and it was that Vampires Suck movie. I didn’t know that counted as a horror film?? I thought it was supposed to be a comedy.. I didn’t see it cause it looked stupid, not because it looked scary. Now that Roommate movie looks terrifying. Good thing I’m not living with a new roommate who I don’t know anything about..

Okay, but really. Today is Sunday and I didn’t get a chance to go to church unfortunately.. I really hope that I do get a chance to go next week. It’s weird being in a situation where I actually can’t go, instead of having the luxury of just driving down the street and being at a church building. So I read my scriptures, actually worked out (Cardio and ab ribber. What uppp.) because I thought it would make me feel better, and read The Thief. I played some games on my ds for a bit as well. I was going to go walk around outside because it was a beautiful day today, but there was a loud group of dirt bikers riding around everywhere and I didn’t feel like trying to find my way around them by going further into the bush where I don’t know where anything is. I ate some cookies and an orange and some soup and a sandwich that I had to put on an english muffin because my bread from last week that Mel had brought over for us molded. I already know that I’ll be running out of food before the week is over. Hurray. I feel like I spent so much money on food on Friday and still have like nothing. Stuff is expensive here..

My roommate is watching Sex and the City right now. She’s been watching it for like the past three days. I keep walking into the kitchen and hearing weird stuff coming from the tv, like conversations about awkward stuff or sex noises. Sometimes it sounds like she’s watching porn in our living room. So uplifting for a Sunday night.

I already had an orange today, but I think I’ll eat another one now. This post is super lame. I apologize to anyone who actually read the whole thing.

Week two of work at the zoo starts tomorrow! We will see if I actually survive. I had a nightmare about the Capuchins last night. It was actually very terrifying. Maybe they will love me this week. Here’s to hoping!

Just kidding, I ate grapes. Not an orange.

0 comments:

Post a Comment