I’m so sleeeeeeeepy.
Not much went on at work today. It was one of the hotter days I’ve had here. It didn’t really help that I was out playing with mulch for most of the day. It tired me out nice and quick. There were these big piles of mulch down by the Mandrills, Capuchins, and Debrazzas that Rob told Aaron and I to rake out and stuff, but then when we started, Dick came over and was like, “Uhhhh what do you guys think you’re doing?? I don’t want any of this over here, put it around these monkey cages.” So we spent the next like three ish hours putting mulch into wheelbarrows and taking those to the monkey cages and dumping it out and spreading it around. It was monotonous, but it actually went by pretty fast.
Adam hasn’t been at work this week yet. Not sure why. Justine and I have decided that we miss him being there because he is a well oiled machine. Things go way more smoothly around work when he is there. Not that it’s so horrible and unorganized without him there. He’s just a good leader, I guess. He’s also just chatty and fun. I’m not that chatty, I think I should change that. Try being more social or something. I’ve never been a big social person, but I would like to be. Probably. Whatever.
Aaron and I were talking about theme parks today. I was with him most of the day. It seems like one person will pick up one of us interns at the beginning of the day, and they are stuck with that one all day. Ha. Anyway, so I was telling him about Disneyland and he was like, “Uhhm, isn’t that a place for little kiddies..?” Hah. I was like, “Uh.. noo... I mean.. sort of, but not really.. grown ups can like it too.. and stuff..” I asked him about theme parks in Australia, and he said that Tassie doesn’t have any! Poor Tassie. There are some on the coast of Australia though I guess. Movie World and Dream World or something. I would really love to go to them! I love theme parks! Movie World has a batman ride and a superman ride. Sounds pretty much like Magic Mountain. Ha. It’s probably way better than Magic Mountain though. I was going to try and see how much it would be to get up there and go for a weekend, but then I remembered that I would be going by myself or trying to convince a person that I wouldn’t really care to spend a day at a theme park at to go with me.. I really want to find some LDS people my age. I would make one of them come with me. There’s still time for me to find some I guess.
So I was listening to my ipod on shuffle, and the song That Thing You Do came on. It’s a triple swing song and I really miss dancing! Sighhh. I just about started dancing when it came on.
So it was Valentine’s Day here yesterday. Aaron asked what I did for Valentine’s Day and then laughed. How sad is it that everyone knows that we can’t do anything so they already know that we wouldn’t have been able to do anything for Valentine’s Day? I was a little sad that I wasn’t at home for Valentine’s Day because our annual Disney road trip falls around V Day weekend.
I was listening to my ipod while we were doing mulching things, so Aaron would ask me what I was listening to and we would talk about different bands and stuff. I think it’s so funny that it seems like other countries love American music. He knew all the bands that I talked about, but then he would talk about some Aussie band and I’d be like, “Yeaaaaaah never heard of them.” America is taking over the world via music. Coool.
I was feeding the quolls with Aaron again today. One of the little quollys tried escaping on me! I practically squished his little nose in the door trying to keep him in. Ha. Quolls are very cute little animals. I love them.
The wild wombat was outside out house again today! Cute little bugger.
I took like a three hour nap today because I was totally beat when I got home. I kept setting my alarm so that I wouldn’t take a really long nap, but then I kept turning it off to sleep longer cause I was so tired. I think I’ll exercise again tonight. I did last night. I’m trying to get back into my p90x grooooove.
Yeah it wasn’t a very eventful day today. Haha. It wasn’t a bad day though. My legs are tired and sore.
Also, my fingernails consistently have dirt under them. It's a big gross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment