Insert Title Here.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

This is in reference to Thursday.. Yeahhh a bit late. I know.

I’m pretty sure that I smell like a wild animal, or possibly worse than that. Maybe it’s good that I don’t have friends up here because I don’t think they would want to come within five ish feet of me.

That whale video that I posted a while ago, the beached as one, is more of a new zealand thing, not an aussie thing. I guess new zealanders pronounce their o’s as u’s. Bru. All day today Aaron and Erin were talking like new zealanders. Any time I was with either of them and they would see the other one, they would start talking like a new zealander. Oh hey bru! Yeah it’s a bit funny actually that people actually say that. Aaron told me to never go to new zealand. Hahah. It’s actually kind of fun to say. Bru. Yeah Bru. Sweet as.

Mmkayy. So today was my last day of the week, and Justine doesn’t work on Thursdays, so it was just me. It was a super chill day. It was also rainy ish. I heard some thunder, it was exciting. I helped with monkey feeding, the usual. I tried feeding the baby wombat. She doesn’t always eat. She ate a little bit, but then she got really wiggly. She’s wiggly a lot of the time. Oh, so she was in this little box with a heating pad at the bottom. So last night Justine put a book on top of it so that she wouldn’t be able to get out. This morning I went in and checked on the baby wombat and she was still safe inside her little box, so I went to change into my work clothes. All of a sudden there was a noise in the living room, and I thought maybe Justine had gotten up, but when I looked out of the closet I saw that she was still asleep on her bed. So I went out into the living room and the baby wombat was crawling around running into walls! I can’t believe she got out of her box! She’s actually really surprisingly strong. She also has these killer huge claws. It was kind of sad though, the way she kept running into walls.. I hope she gets better! I would totally take care of a blind wombat forever. It would be so sad if she got put down.. Anyway, yeah so I attempted to feed her, and she wouldn’t eat much. She kept crawling out of her box, but it was in a bigger animal crate, so she couldn’t go anywhere. Ha. Uhmm. I helped with the rest of the branches that needed to be done. We changed the free flight aviary branches. It’s this big open area where there are a bunch of different birds. There was this cockatoo that was next to me and staring at my fee the whole time. He kept jumping at them and bite my shoes. Thank goodness for my nice thick work boots. Hah. There are so many wild cockatoos here! They are pretty big too. Huge white and yellow birds. Everywhere. I hear them all the time. There was a big truck full of bread out by the staff area, and I went back there and there was like twenty of them hanging out on the truck. It was pretty funny. Erin and I also changed the branches in the Debrazza and Capuchin cages. Those freaking Capuchins HATE me. I’m a bit terrified of them actually.. Ha. I went in there with Erin, and they start following me around, hissing at me, and baring their teeth. It’s pretty unnerving.. Aaron loves messing with them. He hisses at them when he’s in there and they try to steal his sunnies and his hat and stuff. It’s actually really funny. He teases all of the animals actually. Ha. I’m surprised they haven’t killed him yet. Mm I forgot, yesterday Aaron gave a fun fact randomly. Ducks’ quacks do not echo. I’m going to have to look into that. He could’ve been pulling my leg. He also told me today that Aussie’s don’t use the word creep.

Dick made fun of how I say tomato today. Dick is kind of scary. So when he was making fun of me, I didn’t know how to react. If it was Adam or Aaron, I would’ve made fun of them back or something. Soooo I just kind of half laughed and waited for him to leave me alone. Ha.

When I walked home from work, there was a huge pelican hanging out on the path home. It was pretty cool.

I’m listening to I See The Light from the Tangled movie. I’ve decided that I want that to be my wedding song. It’s so cute.

That’s about all that happened pretty much. I fed some quolls by myself. I fed Hitler the koala by myself. He’s silly. He followed me around the whole time I was changing his food branches. That guy has really large claws. I wouldn’t want to mess with him. Uhmm. I watched Romancing the Stone. Haha. Michael Douglas is young in it. Soo weird. I made mashed potato. Yes. One potato. It was tasty, except that it wasn’t totally mashed because I didn’t have one of those mixer things, so I was literally mashing the potato with this little squisher thing that I found in one of the drawers. Hah. It was still tasty. Yeahhh. I can’t remember any other cool things that happened.

They say ‘cheers’ a lot of the time instead of ‘thank you’. That’s actually pretty cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment