Party In A Forest.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Second weekend in Tassie. Huzzah.

We went into town again today. Of course, Mel had to drive us and drop us off at the grocery store while her and Cody went to a cool museum for two and a half hours. We couldn’t go anywhere but the grocery store and K Mart pretty much. Sooo we wandered around K Mart for a while. Justine bought this cool ipod nano that is touch screen. I didn’t even know they made touch screen nanos. They are so tiny. The K Mart is attached to the grocery store, so we just walked over there afterwards. Since we had an actual car, I wanted to get stuff that I knew would last me longer than a week. So I got quite a bit of stuff, but it actually wasn’t as expensive as I thought it would be. Justine kept commenting on how much stuff I was getting. She was saying things like, “Well you won’t need to come back the rest of the time we’re here.” Oh thank you Justine. I didn’t get THAT much food. Sheesh. They don’t have canned sliced olives here apparently. Or at least at that grocery store. Instead, they had little jars of olives, but they didn’t look very appetizing. Anyway, I’ve been trying to like talk to Justine, be her friend, something. She doesn’t help much. I’ll tell her some story or something, and she just is like, “Mm, cool.” We freaking live together! Be my friend! I want friends! Agghhhh. I think she’s really excited for Aimee to get here because Aimee drinks. Ha. She told me that she asked Aimee if she needed anything from the grocery store and Aimee responded with “Beer!” and Justine was like, “Yeah I’m so glad I’ll have beer in the house now!” I’ve never had beer in my fridge. I do now. First time for everything, eh?

So I sat in the back seat with Cody when we drove down to town. He had a toy gun. He kept saying, “I’m going to shoot you!” and “Okay I’m going to burn your eyes!” I’m not sure how he was planning on doing that with his gun, but whatever. He also hit me with an umbrella. Other than that, he was actually more fun to hang out with than certain people. I don’t know how his mom understands anything that he says. When he says my name it sounds like taylin. Bahaha he pointed at Justine and was like, “What’s his name??” His mom sounded so embarrassed! She was like, “No no hon! She’s a girl! She! Her name is Justine! SHE!” and Cody said, “Okay, what’s his name??” Heheh.

My mom sent me a package! I opened it and there was a letter from Australia telling me that I have thirty days to send the beef jerky that my sent me back to the sender or else they would destroy everything. I looked at everything in the box and noticed there was no beef jerky, so I was like, “Huh there isn’t even beef jerky in here..” Justine said, “Uh yeah. They took it. Duh.” Thank you again kind roommate. The letter sounded like I had to send it back to my mom or something. I didn’t know they just took it. What’s the point of telling me to send anything back if they already took it? Whateverrrr.

So I typed that before Aimee got here. The rest is post Aimee’s arrival.

Aimee got here finally at like six or something. It was still really light outside. In fact, it stays light until about nine. Ha. So weird compared to how it gets really dark by like five at home. So we walked up to the front of the zoo to get her and bring her back to our little abode. I was pretty happy because she was gushing about how we totally scored with our place. It’s way bigger and spacier than hers, and she’s in a place with like thirty rooms and a bunch of people who don’t know english well, etc. She also has to pay for laundry. Anyway, so Justine was excited because she had a drinking friend. In fact, to prepare for having a drinking friend, she drank three of her beers that she had just bought. We had gotten back to our place from grocery shopping at like 2:30 or something and she drank her first one shortly after we got back. Hah. So we chatted with Aimee for a bit. She kept saying stuff like, “Oh you guys are so lucky you’ve had each other. I was so nervous to be by myself. But especially since you guys don’t go to town much.” I wanted to be like, “Well we might as well be here separately. We hardly talk. But thanks for thinking we are buddies.” Ha. We actually got along most of the night. Chatted even for a bit. Aimee had met a boy in Hobart that lives here in Launceston, so she convinced him to drive the half hour to the zoo to pick us up. She met him at a bar when she had been a bit drunk, so she was like, “Yeah I remember him being really cute, but I’m not sure how old he is.. or if he’s actually cute because I was drunk..” Ha. So he showed up and we went out to meet him. He looked like he was probably late twenties or something. He’s also not that cute. Hahah. He’s a very nice person though. We went to Festivale. We weren’t going to go until Saturday, but he was like, “Oh there’s this band playing tonight that I want to see!” Festivale is twenty freaking bucks to get into, and we were planning on going Saturday.. So much money! So I’m not going Saturday, which is today now. Everything is so expensive, so I’m going to go hike later today instead of go spend a zillion dollars. It was twenty dollars to get in, and then we had to get food which was also expensive.

So Festivale. SO CROWDED. Seriously, I think every person in all of Launceston was there. It was insane. Also, they are really into wine and cheese. So everyone had these Festivale wine glasses and were walking around holding them and wine bottles. It was kind of weird to see these guys who looked like they would never touch something fancy like wine, holding wine glasses and stuff. Maybe that just seems weird to me. I also saw like twenty people with dreads. Haha. There were lots of cheese stands there too. It was in the City Park, so there were stalls set up all around the park, and a stage for bands. 90% of the stalls were for wine, 5% for beer, 3% food, 1.5% non food or drink related things, .5% non alcoholic drinks. Haha. So I was with three people who were drinking wine and beer and listening to music. The music wasn’t too awful. The band Steve, Aimee’s friend, wanted to see was actually really good. The next band was a bit too country for my tastes, but far enough away from being country for me to enjoy it, since I couldn’t enjoy much else there. Haha. No it was fun. I’m glad I got to go out and do something. Aimee ignored us the whole night pretty much though.. She snuggled up with Steve the second she got enough alcohol in her to think he was really cute. So Justine and I felt like a collective third wheel, which kind of sucked. Aimee would talk to us though, so it was okay. They had this booth there that only sold tempura mushrooms. It had a line that went for like half a football field, and that is not an exaggeration at all. I’ve never actually really tried mushrooms I don’t think, so I tried some. They just made me feel a little sick.. Hah. They didn’t taste horrible, but they made me feel sick. Texture maybe? I dunno. So the non alcoholic drinks they had there were so good! I had these drinks that were reminiscent of AME which is this drink my dad used to buy all the time from Trader Joe’s, we totally drank it for big occasions like Christmas and stuff instead of Martinelli’s! I missed it. It tasted pretty much like that. So good. It kind of sucks being basically the ONLY person in a huge park packed with people not drinking anything.. When Steve went to get glasses he was going to get four, but I was like, “I don’t need one, I don’t drink.. etc.” So Justine and Aimee were like, “Oh do you want a glass of orange juice! Bahahaha” They had a real good time with it.. I was just like, “Well actually I would love a glass of orange juice. I happen to love orange juice. Thank you very much.” They made a few jokes at my expense, but that was it. They spent a lot of the night talking about wine and beer, because it was freaking everywhere, so I couldn’t really participate much. Ha. It was fine though. Of course, I woke up this morning and felt like I smelled like wine and beer. My first thought was, “Seriously Justine? You’re drinking at nine in the morning!?” Anyway, yeah so that was Festivale.

Today I told Justine that I didn’t think I was going to go into town and stuff. She kind of scoffed at first, but I was like, “Seriously, it’s really expensive and I just bought a ton of food anyway. I don’t need to go spend more. Plus, I can go hike or something.” She was actually like, “Yeah it’s cool. I understand that. If you change your mind tell Rob to call me and maybe you can catch a ride with him.” So she actually made it seem like she would want me to hang out with them, which was very nice of her. I bet they are relieved to not have the sober girl ruining their fun though. Also, Justine gets a break from me, and I get a break from her! It’s a win-win situation really. Hah.

Also, did I mention that we did in fact find out how old Steve is? After Aimee had been snuggly with him all night, she was finally like, “Sooooo how old are you exactly??” His response was, “Promise you won’t run away..?” Uhm okay, here’s the first sign that she should’ve been like, “Mmkayyyy I have to go. Byeeeeee!” But no, she said, “Oh haha of course not!” He’s freaking 37 years old. THIRTY SEVEN. Oh my freaking goodness! So afterwards she told us and she was freaking out cause she’s like oh my goshhhh how did I get into this messs! I wanted to be like, “Well it probably started with the alcohol and the incessant flirtiness. I dunno. Just a guess.” Instead Justine and I were both like, “Uh don’t talk to him. It’s easy. It’s not like you’re going to be running into him all the time.” I bet she’s been texting him all day anyway.

So far today I have done all my laundry and made a tasty sandwich and watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding! That’s a great movie. Yesterday before Aimee got here, I watched Serendipity. The main guy in My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Kate Beckinsale’s fiance in Serendipity are the same guy! He has the same length hair in both movies, as well. He’s also a vegetarian in both. Well I assume he is a vegetarian in Serendipity because he’s this weirdo hippie guy, which by the way, what the heck would Kate Beckinsale’s character be doing dating a guy like that?? There is no way she would’ve fallen for that weirdo. I reckon it’s the money. I also finished a book today. The Thief. It was good ish. I’m going to start reading the fourth Artemis Fowl now.

Speaking of reading, I went on a nice walk yesterday until I came to a little pond. I sat down by the edge of the pond and read my scriptures for a while. It got really cold and windy all of a sudden, so I decided to go back inside. When I got back to my house, there was a little wild wombat hanging out in front of my house! I chased him around for a while trying to make him love me. I let him go eventually. Sighh. He was really cute.

I realize that this post is very helter skelter. I’ve been writing it over the past few days, so when I say today I never really know what I’m referring to. Anyway, up until now it’s been about Friday and Saturday. I think that’s it. So yeah, it’s Sunday now.

I was stoked about actually getting to church today. I was going to take a cab into town and then catch a bus the rest of the way, so that it would be cheaper. Instead, I missed the bus by a few minutes so I had to take a taxi (A fifty dollar taxi, might I add..) to the beginning of the street that the church building is on. Of course, the street it’s on is very freaking long. I spent about twenty minutes walking until I finally got to the building.. I arrived with like two minutes to spare until church started! However, I looked into the parking lot to see that there were no cars.. and then noticed that the gates into the church were closed.. and locked. So clearly, it was Stake Conference today or something. I felt really silly going all that way to just get shut down at the last minute. I walked back down the long road for about forty minutes, until I realized that I wasn’t sure if I was heading back towards the city or not. I couldn’t remember if I was supposed to turn on some street, or if I could take this street all the way back to the heart of the city. So instead I stopped at a grocery store and called the taxi people. This nice old man was driving my taxi. He had a massive white beard. If Santa was skinny and drove a taxi, it would’ve been him. The cab ride home was just as expensive. I feel like I wasted a hundred bucks. I’m so sad that I STILL did not get a chance to go to church. It makes me appreciate Utah with all the church buildings on every single corner. No one could ever miss church if they wanted to go. I guess I’ll stay hopeful that I’ll get to church next Sunday.

Also, it’s difficult to cook chicken in the dark. I cannot tell for the life of me if the center is still pink. I would turn a light on, but my roommate is watching Sex and the City again in the dark.. I would feel rude turning a light on.

Also, the title of this post is a Wombats song, in honor of the Wombat I ran into.

0 comments:

Post a Comment