My favorite chocolate bar has changed! Australia is clearly making me into a whole new woman. I’m not really sure what my favorite chocolate was pre-Australia.. maybe Snickers or something. I don’t really know, but my eyes have been opened, and my new favorite chocolate EVER is.. wait for iiiiiiiiit ..... The Kinder Bueno! Seriously. It’s the tastiest chocolate thing ever. It has like hazelnut cream in it and like crunchy wafer stuff too. It’s fan freaking tastic. Australia has lots of weird new chocolate bars that I’ve never heard of before. It’s so fun. I’ve tried three. One is the Kinder Bueno one. Another was calllllled.. shoot I don’t remember, but it’s exactly like another one called Aero I think. It’s got all these little air bubbles in between the chocolate. It’s weird and I’m not really a fan of it. The last one I tried was called a Crunchie. I thought it would be like a crunch bar or something. No. Not at all. It had like honeycomb in it or something. It was okay. Really sweet. Not really my thing. I can’t believe I just typed this whole paragraph up about chocolate. Sighhhh. Oh also, I hear that the gummy candy, you know like gummy worms and stuff, is way better than the gummy candy in the States. I’ll be trying that next.
Speaking of food, I didn’t think that food would be much different here than in the States, but it’s actually pretty different. The first day we had a “sausage sizzle”, sausage basically means hot dog in this case. However, there were three types of hot dog to choose from, which is where this is a bit different. There were beef hot dogs, lamb hot dogs, and chicken hot dogs. Bizarre eh? We also had a really interesting dinner tonight. It was apparently BBQ, but there were not burgers in sight. There were chicken hot dogs and strange little steaks that didn’t really taste like steaks. I’m not sure what they were actually, but they were tasty. There was a bunch of like vegetable mixtures too. Like there was a cold dish that was corn and peas and broccoli and onions and weird things that I couldn’t tell you what they were, and then there was a hot dish that was like sweet potatoes and zucchini and something else that I couldn’t identify, there was also scalloped potatoes with some weird saucey stuff with stringy onions. It was all okay. At Rainforestation they had really tasty soup that was called chicken and corn soup. It was so good! They also seem to be really big on fruit. I’ve had pineapple with just about every meal so far. Today for lunch on the boat they had little pineapple chunks covered in coconut shavings. It was pretty yummy. The pineapple here is way yummier than in the States. Sorry America. Yeah so I’ve been eating a lot of fruit here. They seem to like passion fruit. It looks weird and I haven’t tried it yet. It has like tentacles growing inside of it. Blechh. There is always watermelon, pineapple, oranges, and grapes though. Delightful!
I think I mentioned that I had Indian food for dinner one night. It was at this little Indian restaurant called Mother India that was like a thirty minute walk from our hotel. It is really surprising to hear an Indian guy speak with an Australian accent. It was really cool. He was really nice. A boy that was with us kept asking questions like “Do you have free refills” and the man was like “Pretty sure that’s an American thing, like those HUGE drinks. We don’t do that.” He kept asking questions and the guy kept saying, “Nope. That’s just an American thing.” Going to different countries and seeing how small everything is, like food portions, drinks, cars, building, etc, makes you realize how pathetic Americans are in some ways. We are obviously very firm in our belief of bigger is better, or something. Ha. Anyway, the food there was good, but oh my goodness it was spicy as heck! I got medium because the way the guy explained it, medium sounded like a smart choice. Ohhh boy was I wrong! It was the spiciest thing I’ve ever eaten! I’m such a wuss. I need to start toughening up my taste buds. I’m hoping to maybe expand my food likes here. It will be good. Also, delicious.
And yes, I did just write an entire post about FOOD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad you wrote a whole post about food.
you did this for me didn't you? the hot dog thing at least right? also i am not pathetic bc i like my big sodas and portions. i like having leftovers, so sue me.
also i forgot to tell you. crunchies are my fave remember!!!! and i know what kind you're talking about and they are delicious. sounds like they have "british" candy. you should look for smarties, they are like m&ms but zappier and delightful.
Post a Comment